Virtual Thought Leader Sessions
LawWithoutWalls meets virtually in real-time (with video, audio, and live chat) every week on Adobe Connect from 30 January 2013 through 27 March 2013. These sessions are a time for open and collaborative exchange among people from different disciplines about hot topics facing the legal marketplace.
In these virtual sessions, hosted by Michele DeStefano and Michael Bossone, lead academics, practitioners, business professionals, entrepreneurs, and LawWithoutWalls participants from around the world explore trends, needs, and new innovations in legal education and practice. Some sessions focus on the challenges of, and possible solutions to, the ever changing legal and business marketplace. Other sessions delve into the practical skills required of today's lawyers like idea generation, entrepreneurism, business plan development, and business analysis. And no matter what, the sessions are a mulitdisciplinary, lively interchange among a group of people who want to affect change both in how we educate law students and how we provide legal and law-related services.
Topics for 2013
- Big Firms in Today’s Legal Marketplace: New Clients, New Strategies, New Challenges
- The Changing Role of General Counsels in Global Corporations
- New Law Firm Models: Virtual and Beyond
- Finding Funding: Angels, Ventures, and Crowds
- Law + Tech: Latest and Coolest Innovations in Education and Practice
- 3D Branding: Creating Identity Across All Mediums
- Planning a Business Plan: What You Need to Know and Show
- Is Project Management or Torts A More Valuable Course to Future Lawyers?
- The 2023 Law Firm Associate’s Job Description
(Note: Dates, Detailed Description, and Identification of Thought Leaders will be posted before January 2013)
How to Access Virtual Thougth Leader Sessions on Adobe Connect (prior approval necessary)
Please click the link below. Send an invitation to enter the room and wait until you are admitted. You must have ear buds and a computer with a microphone and video camera to participte.
- Students: please enter the room 30 minutes early.
- Guests: please email Lauren Madigan at LMadigan@law.miami.edu if you would like to attend a session
If you have tech issues during a session: 1) Send a personal chat within Adobe Connect to Lauren Madigan (if you are still in the Adobe Connect virtual room); 2) Send a skype chat to Lauren Madigan at Skype name Lauren.Taylor.Madigan (if you cannot enter or remain in the Adobe Connect virtual room); 3) Send an email to LMadigan@law.miami.edu.