LawWithoutWalls runs from January 2013 to April 2013 and is divided into 3 segments:
The LawWithoutWalls KickOff will be held at the IE Campus in Segovia on 19-20 January 2013. During this two-day in-person event, LawWithoutWalls participants get to know each other, interact in team building and idea generation exercises, sharpen presentation skills, and unpack the concept of a Project of Worth.
2a) Virtual Thought Leader Sessions: Wednesdays 22:00 to 23:50 GMT
From 30 January through 27 March 2013, the LawWithoutWalls community participates in a Virtual Thought Leaders Session each week for 110 minutes. Click here for a pdf for the dates and times of each session by location.
The topics of the 2013 Virtual Thought Leader Sessions are as follows:
- Is Project Management or Property Law A More Valuable Course to Future Lawyers?
- Law + Tech: Latest and Coolest Innovations in Education and Practice
- Planning a Business Plan: What You Need to Know and Show
- The Changing Role of General Counsels in Global Corporations
- Big Firms in Today’s Legal Marketplace: New Clients, New Strategies, New Challenges
- 3D Branding: Creating Identity Across All Mediums
- New Law Firm Models: Virtual and Beyond
- Finding Funding: Angels, Ventures, and Crowds
- The 2023 Law Firm Associate’s Job Description
2b) Virtual Team Meetings
From 22 January through 12 April 2013, students have weekly Virtual Team Meetings with their Mentors to work collaboratively on their Projects of Worth.
The ConPosium will be held on 13-14 April 2013 at the University of Miami in Miami, Florida, U.S. During this two-day in-person event, students present their Projects of Worth alongside Thought Leaders and team Mentors to a diverse group of judges including venure capitalists. The ConPosium is a highly interactive, energetic event that brings together the LWOW community to celebrate our shared experience.